Operation Feeding Temple’s Response to COVID-19
Temple, Texas – March 26, 2020 In response to the COVID-19 situation, we asking for monetary donations. Operation Feeding Temple is the force behind the biggest food drives in our community: Food for Families, Friends Feeding Friends and other beneficial drives throughout the year. They are also one of the biggest resources for our local food pantries: St Vincent de Paul of Greater Temple, Inc, Love of Christ Food Pantry, Taylor's Valley Baptist Church and Churches Touching Lives for Christ. These pantries have seen an overwhelming increase in clients and folks needing assistance due to COVID-19 affecting different aspects of our workforce. Each of the pantries expect this trend to continue over the coming months.
Operation Feeding Temple will use your generous donations to keep our community pantries full, food on tables and a little extra reassurance during the ever-growing pandemic that we are facing.
Each of the pantries are offering a drive-thru service to help with social distancing and to abide to the shelter in place guidelines. Please check their social pages for the most recent updates. Here are the drive-thru days and time:
· Love of Christ: Wednesdays 6PM-7:15PM and Thursdays 9AM-11:15AM
· St Vincent De Paul: Thursdays 9AM-11AM
· Churches Touching Lives for Christ: Tuesdays 9AM-11AM and Saturdays 9AM-12PM
· Taylor’s Valley Baptist Church: 2nd Wednesday of every month for last name ending in A-L and 4th Wednesday of every month for last name ending in M-Z from 9AM – 11:30AM
How to Donate:
At this time, we are only accepting monetary donations. Any extra non-perishable donations will be greatly appreciated once it is deemed safe to host our next community food drive.
· Mail a check to 4311 South 31st Street, Suite 150, PO BOX #123, Temple, TX 76502 – “Made Payable To: Operation Feeding Temple, Inc.”
These are unprecedented times and Operation Feeding Temple is grateful to serve our community and grateful for any donations and support!
Written By: Michelle Clemens